Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Years in Morgantown

Hi my name is Eboni, and I'm new here. I'm planning on going to Morgantown to visit my man for new years. But this is my first visit, and I'm having a little problems getting there. The cost to fly is extremely too high. So I'm going to take the greyhound. But there are no stops in M.Town. So the closest stop would be Wheeling. Any idea how to get to M.Town from Wheeling? Besides a cab, they want $250, way to much. Also any good cheap hotels? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Eboni,
I am Melanie. My fiance left Morgantown FCI in Sept. I lived in Morgantown for 6 years and still have family there so I know a little bit about the area. When the greyhound bus stopped going to Morgantown, the local bus company (Mountain Line Transit) started a bus (Grey Line) which travels to Pittsburgh airport and Greyhound station. Here is their link http://www.busride.org/ and phone # is 304-296-3869. I just looked on their site and it looks like the trip is $20-$25 depending if you get on at the bus station or airport. It is much easier to come in from Pittsburgh than Wheeling. As far as hotel rooms, try Ramada Inn and Comfort Inn, which you can get for $65 a night if you tell them you are visiting the FCI. They are the closest but still a great distance to walk if you do not have a car. The local cab company's phone # is 304-292-7441. You can also go to www.priceline.com (name your own price) I have gotten rooms at Lakeview Resort for $50 a night, however this would probably cost a bit more if you have to take a cab. I hope this info helps you.

Debbie said...

maybe one of us staying at the Ramada Inn could give you a ride..the down side, you would have to leave when the other person is ready or stay as long as they do....

Anonymous said...

Thanx alot ladies. But my trip has been postponed until february. I'm going to drive down instead. Thanx again.

Search This Blog