Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Help Please!!!

Ok Ladies... I have a question for you. I took the really great advise of some of my fellow members and I signed up for a local (304) number through cips in order to save money on the phone calls. Only problem is my husband says the phones are still charging him the long distance rate that he was being charged when he called me directly to my phone in florida. Anyone know if maybe we are doing something wrong? I am not sure what to do and as you all know money is tight so saving every bit I can is important! He said he would try and talk to some of the guys there and also the phone lady but he wanted me to ask all of you as well. We are so new to all this and I am still trying to figure out all the little things. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on a second note....My 7 year old is having a hard time missing her daddy especially at bed time cause she is so used to daddy tucking her in and giving her kisses at night. I though about maybe trying to record him while he is on the phone so that she could atleast here him every night tell her he loves her and to sleep tight. He tries to call each evening before bed but it is hard timing and well you guys know how that goes. If anyone has any other ideas please please let me know! Thanks everyone for your continuous support. This past week has been really hard on us so knowing your out there helps.

Kim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about that. Is he using the new number you gave him? I dont think he will be able to get anything done in there so you should probably call cips support and ask them why he's being charged the full amount. They should be able to help you.

leeann1963 said...

the phone issue,

Mike and I talked about it before he left and decided that $69 a month was fine. It wasn't worth the hassle, so I can't give advice there.

Gina our daughter who is also 7 has a hard time too. She emails daddy when ever she wants. We have the "Daddy Jar" too. she draws pictures, writes letters, homework, etc and puts them in the jar. Once a week we put them in a large envelope, go to the post office and she mails it. the next time he calls or emails her, he makes a point to talk about the package from her. It has almost been a year and she still misses him everyday. Tomorrow is her birthday and she has mentioned how much she wishes he was here. I just listen. it is a hard situation for the adults to deal with. All you can do is hug and kiss her and tell her that you and Daddy love her. She is learning unconditional love at a young age.

Debbie said...

Kim, I think i have your number..I will call you as soon as I can....

I am not allowed much access to Greg's 7 year old daughter... she misses her dad alot..When I do get to see her, I encourage her to pick out books and magazines to send Greg. When my daughter gets really upset about Greg..I have her make pictures or email him...I will try to think of something creative...

Search This Blog