Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Corrlinks and email

Okay! I am the first one to admit I am a fly by the seat of my pants and not pay attention enough to stuff that matters!




I have some friends that Derrik emails that are asking me about the new email system. Are we paying to send him emails? I read the terms and conditions on the email I got today but it "spoke out of both sides". It said we won't be charged then the next paragraph was about putting money in the account. Is this the regular money that I keep in Derrik's account?



What is the charge for emails?



I hope you are all well! I may be making a trip to Morgantown this weekend, not sure yet...just flying by the seat...!

Have a great day!



Kim

8 comments:

leeann1963 said...

I just got the email to register..I will research it this afternoon..I will be in morgantown this weekend....

Debbie

leeann1963 said...

There is a post on the blog about corrlinks. I don't think it explains the fees though. It seems that I read some where that when you set up your account they keep a credit card on file. I may be mistaken

leeann1963 said...

I played with it today...you only pay if your loved one is in county or state.

Debbie

leeann1963 said...

I never had to give mine. I've been using it for over 24hrs now.

Jennifer

leeann1963 said...

I've been communicating with Brandon the past couple of days via the new site. There is no charge for us.

Carole

leeann1963 said...

No credit cards. It just switches to the guys account. They pay less than with Trulinks according to Bob.
Alicia Beyer - Broker
Beyer Realty
1965 Waldorf NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
616-791-7000 ext 11 (office)
616-752-9887 (cell)
http://www.beyerrealtymi.com

leeann1963 said...

....if anyone has more than one email address that their inmate emails them at, they will need to do each address one at a time......

Debbie

leeann1963 said...

Here is some general Corrlinks info I just received from Brandon. We, as users, are definitely NOT charged anything. They are charged $1 for 20 minutes of use. So, for example, if your loved one just read 6 emails they've received and it takes him 10 minutes to do so, he's charged .50. If he takes another 10 minutes to send replies back to people, that's another .50. It's really a fair system...you pay for it when you use it. Plus, it's really inexpensive as compared to using the phone which is .24 a minute.

Let me know if anyone else needs help setting up your account -- it's really easy.

Carole

Search This Blog