Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Years Weekend

I know this is early, but I have to plan way ahead on these trips. I am planning on being at Morgantown January 1st-January 3rd as Friday is a holiday and visitation is 8-3 that day. Does anyone want to share a room that weekend? I am not sure if I am going to come up the night before or not. I have not even starting looking at rooms or anything yet. Everything on my end depends on the funds that will be available. Anyone in the NC area that would consider car pooling? I just wanted to get this out here to see what everyone else thought. I will be without our children that weekend as we celebrate NY's as one more year behind us. I don't mind sharing a room if kids are coming. Hope everyone has a great week! (hugs) Any ideas and suggestions will be considered. Thanks!

5 comments:

leeann1963 said...

Debbie,

Did you do New Years last year? Didn't we share a room with Tina? isn't that where this all got jump started? I think that was the visitation. I do remember that we had the seminar with Mark at the hotel. If enough of you go you can get a group rate at most of the hotels. We did Springhill last year that is how the MTW $89 rate got started. Their banquet room cost $50 for the night for us to use as a group if you are looking at doing anything like that again this year. If you are interested in having a guest speaker Friday or Saturday night let me know and I will work on it here. I thought Mark did a wonderful job last year, for those of you new to the group he is the author of "The Feds Got Me". He came and spoke to us as a group and answered a lot of questions. We have a lot of new faces that maybe interested in this, and it maybe worth repeating. If not I know another person that may come and speak to the group about HR 1529. Let me know what you are intersted in, if anything. It was a nice way to burn the "down time" between visits and get to know everyone, since visting with each other isn't our priority at the facility and would cause a lot headaches for our guys.

Melanie said...

HMMM....New Years in Morgantown another year..sounds like fun to me...really enjoyed last year, wonder if I can convince Chance to take a trip back to MOrgantown 2 weeks after he leaves the half way house.

Debbie said...

Yes LeeAnn, I did do last NY's with you and Tina..it was great! If we could get enough people to committ, i would like to have a speaker...Maybe have Mike and Chance share their experiences..answer questions???? lol..I am sure they are dying to come back to Morgantown...anyway...seriously..it would be nice to have someone speaking..I think more about HR 1529 and getting down to business on getting these bills passed and such.....

leeann1963 said...

Okay, I will explore the opportunities. I think that TK from support of HR 1529 would do it, is he avaialble is the other question. I will let you know. Mike isn't avaialble! lol. Seriously he can't leave our home for things like that for 12 months as he still has 1 year of house arrest.

sandy said...

Have you made plans for New Years yet? If so I would like to find out what hotel and all the info. I am new to this but would love to meet people going thru the same thing. Please let me know.

Search This Blog