Saturday, August 22, 2009

humor

ok, so i listened to the advise i got....didn't take anything in, but got there early enough so we didn't have to wait too long. arrived at 4:45 tonight, got called back around 5:20. thats when the FUN began. they still don't have his visitor's list on the computer (3 weeks) so we waited, and waited. finally around 6:00 they called me over to the guard's desk and told me that it's his own fault that his group counselor or whatever didn't put it in. He said he did what he was supposed to. (I know my hubby and its quite possible he didn't) I had been so excited to go, but the wait there with 2 feisty kids changed my mood, probably not so much as the guard telling me repeatedly that I needed to tell hubby it was his own fault.

We waited in the play room.
My son dropped his bottle of orange pop, so i opened it for him. I thought it was fine, but it ended up overflowing and all the orange pop (soda) went right down on my pants at the crotch and i looked like i wet myself.

The door said that children must be with an adult, but there were a nice handfull of kids and I was the only adult. So I let that bother me too. There was one child who wanted to call all the shots, who was allowed to play what, etc. The other ones were actually being real good. But I let that one little one get to me..LOL .

She asked my son "what did YOUR dad do?" when he told her he had taken some money from a company he worked for, she gasped. The other little girl (who i absolutely loved) said..."well some people do that"....the first one
proceeded to tell him and the other kids that her dad didn't do anything bad, he just hung around some guys who did drugs. then she said...what are drugs anyway? LOL. it was interesting to hear the kid's responses. (she was maybe 6). my son told her drugs are like cigarettes, and another girl agreed. then she told him that isnt true coz her mom smokes cigarettes and my son told them I did too. they all looked at me and asked me if cigarettes were a drug. UGGG. Didn't know I was going to be giving a class about that!!! i just explained that cigs are legal but yes drugs were sort of like that. didn't want to get into too much detail.

He finally came out at 6:30, but we had to leave about 7:20 because he had to go get his meds and the med line ends at 7:30 or something. I was just so agrivated by that point the visit seemed in vain.

now...the funniest part. He has a disability...bad hands due to a special kind of arthritis. No, thats not the funy part. The funy part is that they finally gave him a paying job. He is the official DUCK Chaser!!!! They gave him a paddle/oar and its his job to chase the ducks away from the building entrances in his unit.

so not quite the perfect visit i had in mind. I'm trying to find some humor in it. The way I figure, I can laugh about it or cry. Trying to keep laughing.

by the way, after I got home, I washed the orange soda off of me :)

here's hoping the rest of you get a better visit than I did today.

Sue

1 comment:

crystal said...

You can laugh or cry and its always better to laugh.

Search This Blog