Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Countdown

Well everyone I swore I was not gonna post a silly countdown like you see on PTO. But here I am counting. 14 DAYS TO GO!!! My mind is going crazy with excitement yet I am so scared all at the same time. Chance has been gone for 3 1/2 years. It is going to be so crazy getting use to each other again. You would think after 6 yrs and a child together I wouldnt be nervous...BUT man I feel soooo nervous, my stomach just gets butterflies and my palms start sweating ( happens every time I get nervous) just thinking about a 4 hour drive alone with him. Also, I am real worried about what he is going to do for work. Hopefully something will come his way pretty soon after he gets here. Seems like everything else will be fine if he can just find a job. The kids have no idea he is coming back to Baltimore so I bet they are going to be so excited when they get to see him here. We are hoping to get to go out to eat together as a family either the day he gets here or the next day. Sorry I'm just rambling on, can't sleep with the way my mind is racing.

1 comment:

leeann1963 said...

Mel,

The anxiety does get better. But it is very strange to be put in a car for 4 hours by yourselevs. Mike and I went through the whole spectrum of emotions on that ride. We laughed, we cried, we yelled, and we just talked. Looking back it was wonderful. Stressful at the moment,but wonderful at the same time. Just remember that he is over stimulated on top of all the emotions of being alone with you. I tried to follow his lead. If he wanted to go into the store when we stopped for gas I let him, if he chose to sit in the car that would have been fine too. Remember they aren't used to having the freedom of chosing items in a store. What we do everyday, they have to get used to again. They have been told what to do, how to do it, where to go, and how to get there. You may have to give them some guidance. Just stand back and provide help where needed. Reassure them, but don't smoother them either. It is a fine line of helping them and aggrivating them. It will be okay. And remember you can come home and blog us to vent. You still are not alone.

Search This Blog