Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Introduction

Just thought I would say hello. Glad to see I'm not alone in this. My hubby, Gary, just went to Morgantown on July 30. His sentence is 18 mos. He tells me that he will get 90 days off of that plus spend the last 70 days in a HWH real close to home.
I'm having trouble adjusting to life as a somewhat single parent. Dependant on his family, now as mine is so far away. Over the past few years our relationship with his family had becomed strained, and now I NEED them to help with the kids so I can keep the house, etc.
He has a 17 yr old son who lives with my in-laws, and we have an 8 yr old and a 3 yr old together.
My mom and my mother-in-law both keep telling me and him that he shouldn't be calling home, because it's wasting money. They don't know how important these calls are to both him and me. I'm having a rough time, since no one here really understands how I feel. I'm looking forward to getting to know the group and wish you all love and patience.

Sue

3 comments:

leeann1963 said...

Sue do you have my phone number? Send me an email with your number. I am not sure which Sue you are. I will call you.

crystal said...

Hi I am not sure where to start.Its my lifelong friend that is in prison so my situation may be a little different but it is nice to know there are people out there so I dont feel so alone.Its hard to talk to people that arent in the situation.I am so glad they let them email now I talk to him everyday so it does help.

Debbie said...

Sue email me at ms_henninger@yahoo.com if you want to....I agree those phone calls are precious to me to hear my husband's voice..and it is hard becoming a "single" parent....(HUGS)

Search This Blog