Sunday, August 30, 2009

one down, 17 to go

well, i made it thru the first month. 17 to go. (or less). thigs have been bearable, until i lost my job this week. with 2 little ones to take care of and a house..it's not going to be easy. trying to keep my head up and looking for another job. I have an interview on tuesday.
I did do something positive this week tho. I contacted someone to get some counseling and support. I will be assigned a caseworker who will help me find resources to deal finacially and otherwise.
My family is kind of far from me and my parents are older and not in good health. I have one sister and an aunt who keep in touch by phone, but i'm feeling pretty alone right now. His family helps with baby sitting, but now that i don't have a job, there is no need for them to babysit. I haven't and am not able to tell my parents about my job loss yet. mom had a stroke a few weeks ago and can't take the stress and dad has so much to worry about as it is.
although at first i thought i was going to blame the hubby for all my misfortune, it turns out i'm actually missing him more and wishing him home. I wanted to go visit this weekend, but until i know his visitor list is in the computer i won't, coz it's just too tough on the boys to sit and wait, so i'm planing a trip to M'gntwn next weekend.
Wishing all of you helath and happiness.

sue

7 comments:

leeann1963 said...

Sue,

Is your sentance 21 months or 18 months? Mikes was 21 months and he was there 17. You are a strong woman and will make it through this. You have been to visitation already, right? You shouldn't have any problems with visitation.

mom2trey2000 said...

Thinking of you, my husband left 2 months ago on wednesday and it does get better. Was feeling very alone at first and I too have 2 small children. We have now gotten a routine going for ourselves and the kids don't ask everyday when is daddy coming home or can we call him. Stay strong and god bless.

crystal said...

The lord will not give us more than we can bear.I know it seems like it sometimes but things will be fine.Sometimes things happen to prove to yourself just how strong you really are.I hope the visiting lists gets straightened out soon so you can visit.

leeann1963 said...

Remember you are not alone! We are here with you.

Melanie said...

You are not alone, may seem like it but once you get to know some people in the group and lean on all of us for support your time will go by much easier.

Debbie said...

Sue..I will be there sat - mon this weekend.. (HUGS)

Sue said...

sentence is 18 months.

Search This Blog